10.19.2012

Mediterranean Quiche | MMMMM....

I came across this recipe a few weeks back and I just had to make it. However I had no doubt my family would not go for it. Lucky for me, I have Yaya's who have a love for Mediterranean food as I do.

So I whipped this up. It has all my favorite things: feta, kalamata olives, artichokes, garlic, tomatoes, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera!



Scramble your eggs and then add in all the goodness.



Pour it in a pie crust.



Bake it.



Top it with more goodness.



Eat it!



Mediterranean Quiche

Serves 4-6

Ingredients:
1 pie crust
6 eggs
1 cup feta cheese, divided in half
1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
1/4 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
1/4 cup roasted red peppers, diced
1/4 cup Kalamata olives, diced
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
Sea salt and pepper
2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely chopped

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Prepare pie crust or use a store bought version and lay it in the bottom of a pie dish.
  3. In a large bowl, mix eggs, half of feta cheese, spinach, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers and olives. Add salt and pepper and garlic and stir to combine.
  4. Pour mixture into the pie dish. If it is really full, place pie dish on a cookie sheet in case it spills over.
  5. Bake for 45 minutes or until the center is firm and doesn't jiggle when you take it out. If the crust starts to get too brown, cover with a piece of foil.
  6. When it is cooked, slice and top with diced tomatoes and feta cheese. Serve hot.



No comments:

Post a Comment