2.17.2010

Attention Girl Scouts of America

Well, it's that time of year again. Girl Scout cookies are arriving door to door and waistlines are expanding exponentially (yes, I know that word). Every year I think "I am NOT buying another box of Girl Scout cookies!" and then some bouncy little pig-tailed 5-year-old shows up at my door and what am I supposed to say?

"Honey, how many boxes do you need to sell?"



I just have a few questions for you Girl Scouts of America...

How do you LIVE with yourself? I mean shouldn't it be wrong to make a cookie that delicious? Have you no morals? Do you know how glutenous it makes even the most healthy of people? I hope you're happy!

Those stinkin' Samoas ("These are doughnut-shaped cookies with a hole in the center, covered in caramel and toasted coconut, and then striped with chocolate.") just get me every time! I CANNOT resist them! Cat (my HS BFF and Jake Pavelka's personal trainer), can you please help?



Now I'm going to have to get up even earlier to walk off all the calories I consumed in those sinfully delicious Samoas.

I'll be wearing my stretch pants tomorrow.

Thanks ALOT Girl Scouts of America!

    Romans 7:16-20

    And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

1 comment:

  1. Samoas are my fav too...thats why i turn out all the lights and park my car in the garage this time of year...we are on full alert! but if you do happen to meet those little wolves in cute lil green uniforms then just get one box of samoas and order the rest as thin mints....i have one client that crumbles 2 thin mints and puts them in her protein shakes! that way you get control of a possible pig-out situation without having to say no to those impossible-to-resist puppy-dog eyes!

    ReplyDelete