1.27.2010

Addendum to S Cuties

The day before my first shoot of the year, my father-in-law, Andy, was diagnosed with Stage IV Colon Cancer. With it already having spread to his liver, he is inoperable at this point and will be starting Chemotherapy soon. Unfortunately, the long-term outlook is not good.

I woke up the next day on a bittersweet note. So sad about Andy, and yet I was looking forward to my first shoot of the year. I was a bit concerned about my heart and mind wandering and so moments before I arrived at the location I turned off the radio and prayed (eyes open, of course). "God you're going to have to do this shoot because at this moment, a photo shoot seems so insignificant." Having not been in practice and it being cloudy out, I was concerned that I would forget to adjust some of the technical aspects as needed. Indeed, I forgot to adjust my f-stop at all! [The f-stop controls how much of your picture is in focus and how much is blurred out.] I know that because God was there with me, the pictures came out sharp, clear, and bright. Again it's confirmed that God's taking the pictures...I'm simply holding the camera.

Please pray for Andy and Marie as they make decisions about treatment during the next months. Please also keep my husband, Todd, and his brother, Daniel, in your prayers as they watch their Daddy go through this difficult time. I'm aware that things may get difficult, but I believe that "...God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that news, Sarah. I know this is a very hard time.

    "God's taking the pictures...I'm simply holding the camera." What an awesome way to look at it! God is SO good to us, even when we often don't realize it or notice it and in the small every day details that seem unimportant. BUT, you did notice His provision for you. How happy that must have made God. We are so significant to Him! Even f-stops on our cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sorry to hear about Todd's Dad:( I will remember him in my prayers. You are such an awesome photographer and God has given you the most beautiful gift of capturing precious moments. I love you friend! Jeremiah 29:11

    ReplyDelete